Truly a manual for all of us who admit that we haven’t found what we are looking for. I believe it can help all of us in our journey to happiness and fulfilment.
For those of you who missed the story, then Chade-Meng (Meng) worked at Google, where he created a program to support or create a “Mindfulness culture”. The book describes the steps or activities in the program.
Meng recently left Google to join the “Search inside yourself leadership institute” which he also founded.
The key topics in the book were for me:
Emotional intelligence. An expression developed by Daniel Coleman in his book: Emotional intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ. Where he classifies it into:
- Social skills.
- Training attention via mindfulness attention.
- Practise meditation. Using a simple process model.
- Being mindful not only when doing meditation, but in all aspects of life.
- “Happiness is the default state of mind.”
- Loving kindness meditation.
The book has been reviewed many times, here is a link to an article in New York Times about the program: